Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can someone help me with a Mozilla Firefox error?

I use Mozilla Firefox, and I have Yahoo set as my home page. For some reason it switched to the new Yahoo page by itself. I would switch it back, but, every time I open Firefox a window pops up and says: Microsoft visual C++ runtime library


Program C:\PROGRAMFILES\MOZILLAFIREFOX\FIREFOX.E...


This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unususl way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.


Then I click on it and Firefox closes. It only does that on certain websites and the new Yahoo is one of them. I can't keep it up long enough to switch to the old page. And I tryed changing my home page but it still opens in the new Yahoo. If you know how to fix this error you can IM me @ just_call_me_susie on Yahoo Messenger.

Can someone help me with a Mozilla Firefox error?
Hi Susie,


First try and open FIrefox in safe mode and see if this still happens.


Sometimes those settings that firefox has keeps certain scripts and java items from loading.


Also, try to open Firefox the way you always do, hit the STOP button up on top ASAP to keep yahoo from loading all the way.


Hit the TOOLS tab up on top, then hit OPTIONS. When the main box opens up hit the GENERAL tab and then use another site for your main page. Then hit apply or save whichever one is there. Actually http://www.google.com is a safe page to use. I never use Yahoo, MSN or anything that has some type of media to load as an opening page. Sometimes these items keep the browser from opening correctly.





Make sure you go through all the options from TOOLS, OPTIONS. Make sure you set the browser to NOT ALLOW SITES TO INSTALL PROGRAMS. YOU DO NOT WANT SITES TO INSTALL THEIR OWN PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER. Disable JAVASCRIPT as a default and also JAVA. You can always allow a site to run javascript from the little "S" that is on the bottom of the browser if you need to.





Also try to go to CONTROL PANEL on your computer, go to Mozilla Firefox and hit the uninstall, sometimes it asks if you want to repair the installation. If it does, then select that. If not, uninstall then go back to that site using IE and download the EXE again for a fresh install.
Reply:I would try to reinstall firefox first.. that may be the fast fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment