Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dell Musicmatch Jukebox 10?

Hi all – I’m usually on the “answer” end of this but today I have a question of my own. This is VERY LONG and detailed but I need serious help with Musicmatch Jukebox. I have scoured Microsoft’s support site, Musicmatch’s support site and even Dell’s support site. I’ve also checked previous questions and answers, here, pertaining to Musicmatch Jukebox. Some of the problems seemed similar and I tried some of the suggestions – but nothing has worked. I’m stymied and need someone who is a real computer guru. Please don’t bother reading on or replying unless you work in Tech Support somewhere or have extensive programming experience. I do not want to screw up my computer more than it already is. I appreciate everyone’s support and understanding in this matter.





I’m on a laptop – Dell Inspiron 1150 running XP, Security Pack 2, AVG anti-virus software, Windows Beta Defender, and Advanced System Optimizer.





Yesterday, Dell notifed me about an update for my DVD/CD-Rom drive, telling me that the update would fix possible hang-ups while using that drive. I had never had a problem with it before but I updated the drive anyway. I didn’t use the drive until later that day when I was trying to burn a disc.





I kept getting error messages saying that my files couldn’t be burned (regrettably, I don’t recall the messages and didn’t write them down but it was something about not being able to finish the burn process for xyz reason and that I should update my musicmatch software). I thought it was a fluke, closed the software and tried again – two more times, always with the same result and same message.





So, I thought I was doing an update and during the install received a message that I need to uninstall the old musicmatch software first and then install the new software. I used Add/Remove programs and removed the Musicmatch entry. Then I installed the replacement.





The first thing I noticed is that it wasn’t the same Musicmatch Jukebox I had before, that is, it looked completely different. Then I noticed that this new jukebox is the Yahoo! Musicmatch Jukebox. I wasn’t happy about that because that’s not what I thought I was getting. Also, I just purchased the DFX plug-in (sound enhancement) which didn’t show up anywhere in this new Musicmatch Jukebox. I looked in the plug-in folder and it wasn’t even listed there. Before these troubles started, DFX would always load up automatically along with the jukebox.





I’m really frustrated now. I don’t want Yahoo! Musicmatch Jukebox. I want the same Musicmatch 10 I had before without the Yahoo engine or whatever that thingy is called.


I uninstalled the Yahoo version and tried to reinstall my old version. No can do!





Here are the messages I get:





First Window: The skin bitmap was not found C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\skins\onyx\prlbtns.bmp





I click ok and get the Second Window:


Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmjb.exe


This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an usual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more info.





I click ok and get the Third Window; a small, black rectangular window in the middle of the desktop that reads: There was a problem with either the play.dll or the mixer.dll





I gave up on this last night but I’ve been at it all day again today – trying to get my pc back to where it was yesterday, BEFORE that whole Dell update thing happened.





And here’s the kicker. I can’t seem to unstall whatever is left of whatever version of Musicmatch Jukebox I now have. It shows up in ADD/Remove software, with 30.53 Megs. I When I try to unstall it I get this message:





“Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the “inconvenience. “





So – I can’t use Musicmatch – it won’t open. I can’t unstall and it start from scratch because of the set-up.exe encountering problems.





I even tried using a jump drive and pulling the Jukebox off of my main computer (same version that my laptop had when it was still working primo) and copying the files to the musicmatch directory on my laptop. Also, a failure. Then I tried system restore. That didn’t work either. Then I undid the restore. Still the same problem. I might add that I don’t have disc from Dell that has the Musicmatch application on it. The laptop came with Musicmatch installed. I can’t find the software anywhere on the Dell website.





NOTHING has worked. What can I do? All other programs on my laptop are working fine. I have run all the diagnostics that I can think of. I have run and re-run my virus program - I have no viruses.





Finally, if you know how I can access Dell Pc Restore, I’m willing to try that. That would restore the pc to the state it was in when Dell shipped it to me. I haven’t been able to find that on this laptop either. Grrrrrr!





AND….to add insult to injury – that disc I was trying burn yesterday when all of this started? I tired to burn the same disc today using different software. I couldn’t because there were files on it already. When I went to look….there were all the songs I wanted to burn yesterday – the same ones that the Musicmatch burner software said couldn’t be burned because of some problem. HUH?? I’m soooooo confused!





If you could email me chrystaille@yahoo.com with detailed instructions I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!





-Chrystaille

Dell Musicmatch Jukebox 10?
Your Registry is kinda mixed up that's why you have those missing files and dll errors.. Click again the musicmatch and this time write down all the exact files that made the errors after doing so do this..





1. Click start


2. click run


3. At the run box type "regedit"


4. under regedit window click edit and click find..


5. now enter those files and dll's that made an error


6. Regedit will search then if those files are found just delete the string..


7. Do it all over again until no files are found..


8. Then exit regedit





Part 2


Delete the folder of MusicMatch they can usually be found in the program files folder





then re-install musicmatch





I hope it works hehehehe


No comments:

Post a Comment