Sunday, August 2, 2009

VLC Error when playing ISO DVD Image?

I made a ISO image of a DVD and wanted to play it on VLC player. I have seen where people can do it, but I keep getting an error when trying to open the ISO with VLC player.





Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library


Assertion Failed!


Program: C:\Program Files\VIdeoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe


File: vm.c


Line 1483





Expression: 0





For information oh how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts





(Press Retry to debug teh application - JIT must be enabled)








OK so I have mounted the ISO in a virtural drive and tried playing it with Power DVD and VLC and NOTHING seems to work. I used Magic ISO to create the Image.


10 points to solution


Thanks,


Drew

VLC Error when playing ISO DVD Image?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...





This is the latest C++.





I think the problem might be that you used Magic ISO. It uses a file type all its own. I could be completely wrong though. After I read your question I made an ISO with Image burn and VLC played it fine.
Reply:It doesn't have to be in ISO format you can also just play it in mp4, wmv, w/e the format is also check if the file aint broken.


No comments:

Post a Comment