Monday, May 24, 2010

File path? Ok please read carefully as I have asked this question before and I am not very computer litterate.

I have a programme which requires me to enter a list from my doccuments and asks for the path name. I go to my doccuments right click on the folder go into properties and copy the c:\ thingy. When I paste into the programme it tells me


runtime error 75 file/pathname error.


These are lists that I have downloaded myself and stored in my doccuments. Now is there somewhere on my pc where I can find the exact path to a folder? I'm using windows xp.

File path? Ok please read carefully as I have asked this question before and I am not very computer litterate.
list the thingy you're pasting.





C :\Documents and Settings\ user name \My Documents
Reply:Click Start --%26gt; Run; Type %UserProfile% --%26gt; Click OK


A window will pop up pointing to the location of your "My Documents" on the computer. You can copy this from the address bar in the window and paste it into your application.


No comments:

Post a Comment